- A contract between you, the client) and the owners will come into existence when we receive your payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable on or by January 31st. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation, and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the week or weeks can be re-let by the owners.
The owners must be immediately notified by email or by phone of any cancellations in order to allow the owners time to attempt to re-let the booking. Your deposit, once paid, is non-refundable. Please make sure that your insurance covers this.
- Cancellations made prior to the 6-week balance payment date; Loss of deposit only
- Cancellations made 3 to 6 weeks before the holiday start date; The client is liable for the full cost of the holiday unless the owners are able to re-let the property at the full price. In this event, only the balance payment will be refunded. If the owners have to reduce the price due to a short notice letting, then the client will be refunded the reduced amount.
- Cancellations made 3 weeks or less from the holiday start date (including if the client is restricted by a regional government lockdown which does not affect travel to the islands); The client is liable for the full cost of the holiday and is asked to claim on his/her insurance.
- Cancellation due to National Government shutdown (i.e. there is no travel allowed to the islands); Loss of deposit only.
- Cancellation due to the client being unable to travel due to illness, self-isolation or any other Covid-related reason within the last three weeks prior to the holiday start date; The client is liable for the full cost of the holiday and is asked to claim on his her insurance.
5. Please be aware that you are travelling to an island, and travel may be affected by the weather, transport issues, health issues, Track and Trace, compulsory isolation or Government travel restrictions. We ask that you insure the cost of your holiday against cancellations due to your health or your being obliged to isolate due to Track and Trace-type contact. If you choose to book with us without insurance, then you will be accepting responsibility for the full cost of your rental should you be unable to travel at short notice in circumstances in which
the cottage would otherwise be available.
6. The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2, and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the cottage. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without a refund in case of a breach of this condition. We do not accept dogs at The Moorings.
7. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
8. We (the owners) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason. We also reserve the right to refuse a re-booking for
The Owner accepts no responsibility for personal injury to the guests or their invitees during their stay, or loss of/ or damage to their property or for other matters over which the owners have no control.
10. We or our representative reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes. We will not enter the property without first informing the client.
11. Tenancies normally commence at 3 pm on the arranged arrival day unless otherwise agreed, and guests are required to vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure or before if departure boats are earlier. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. We would appreciate it if you could leave the cottage in a clean and tidy state.
12. Pets or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
This must be strictly adhered to, and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you
13. Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them.
In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could advise us before you leave.
14. The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The owner reserves the right to charge for any damage caused to the property and its contents other than reasonable wear and tear.
15. Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
16. The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge. The client may not offer their holiday to other parties if they are unable to travel and must contact the owners.
17. The internet and TV connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. Due to our location, this may be interrupted during your stay. We also ask that you use water with care during your stay.
18. The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building. Due to the location of the property this make time to correct.
19. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort, privacy or health of the owners or others.
20. Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us or our representatives at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the owner.
21. This property is privately owned and is near to our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property and grounds with the same respect that they would their own house.
22. Any guests staying in the accommodation must be aware that there is no public transport on Bryher. Any lifts offered by the owners or their representatives in their vehicles are at the discretion of the owners and are in no way an entitlement of the guests during their stay. Whilst the owners will endeavour to collect and deliver guests’ luggage on arrival and departure days, it is not always possible to transport guests as well.
23. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.